1. Penguins are birds.
2. Penguins don't fly. Penguins swim.
3. Penguins lay eggs.
4. Most penguin chicks have fluffy feathers.
5. Penguins live in large groups called colonies or rookery.
6.Penguins use their wings like paddles for swimming.
7. Penguins do not live at the North Pole.
8. All penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere. Some live in Antarctica, Coast of South America, South Africa, Galapagos,
Southern Australia and New Zealand.
9. Penguins forage in the ocean for their food, which may be fish, squid, or shrimp-like krill.
10. Most penguins can swim about 15 miles per hour.
11. Penguins keep warm with insulating layers consisting of tightly packed feathers, air, skin, and blubber.
12. Penguins hold their feathers tightly against their bodies to keep warm and fluff them out away from their bodies to cool
13. There are at least 18 different species of penguins. There may be as many as 100 million penguins in the world.
14. Though plentiful, penguins are threatened by oil spills, water pollution, and the over harvesting of ocean fish.