How To Write a Story
Take a character:
give it a name
put him/her in a place
give him/her a problem
make the problem bigger
solve the problem
1. Does my writing make sense?
2. Does it sound right?
3. Do I have enough detail?
4. Do I have a beginning, middle, end?
5. Does my title match the story?
1. Did I remember to end each sentence with a period, exclamation mark or question mark?
2. Did I start each sentence with a capital?
3. Did I use my dictionary to check my spelling?
4. Did I show someone my work?
If you use CUPS it is easier to remember the revision/editing checklist.
C = Capitals
U = Understanding
P = Punctuation marks
S = Spelling
Remember to have "voice" when you write.
Now gather round and share with the class!