Thematic Units, resources, and lesson plans organized by theme.
Art project - make a beautiful picture with tissue paper leaf rubbings.
A lesson to encourage poetry writing using knowledge about the 4 Seasons.
4. Why Do Leaves Change Color? (For Teachers) http://www.esf.edu/pubprog/brochure/leaves/leaves.htm
11. Autumn Collection Book (with templates-printable)
12. Why Leaves Change Color? (For younger children)
LEAF ACTIVITIES: http://www.123child.com/fall/leaf.html
Leaf mobiles, leaf graphing, match-ups, songs, poems, rubbings--if you're looking for leaf art activities, visit this site for suggestions.
FALL CLIP ART: http://www.kidsdomain.com/holiday/fall/clip.html Scroll down this page for back to school clip art and autumn backgrounds as well.
Fall Word Search
1. During recess collect all kinds of leaves you find on the ground . Put them into a paper bag.
* Sort out your leaves according to simple and compound leaves. If you do this in a group it is fun!
* Using the a graph, color in how many of each type you have found.
2. Do some leaf rubbings on paper. Lay your leaf with the vein side up on white paper and choose a fall color crayon. Rub over the leaf with your crayon.
3. Using graph paper place a leaf on top of the graph. Trace the leaf. Count the squares inside the leaf to find the area.
* Draw in the vein structure.
* Describe the color and shape of your leaf.
* Leaf type: simple or compound
4. Draw a picture of your leaf. (Need a cm ruler)
I found my leaf________________________.
My leaf is _______cm long and ________cm wide.
My leaf is colored____________________.
It is a compound/simple leaf. (Circle one)
My leaf smells like____________________.
My leaf feels like_______________________.
What are leaves for?___________________.